Engineering Ministries International (EMI) is a non-profit Christian development organization made up of architects, engineers and desgin professionals who donate their skills to help children and families around the world step out of poverty and into a world of hope.

Monday, April 18, 2011

Brand New Week

Happy Monday! I only have a two day work week, which is sweet!!! With all the bank holidays, weekends and EMI days off, its almost a total of two weeks off. So I get to do alittle sightseeing!

Easter weekend Monica, Carissa and I are going "camping" in Dorset, (which is southwestish) with a stop in Bath on thursday. I am super excited! Then next week Monica, Andrew and I are going to Northern Ireland with Adam who is from there. His parents have graciously opened their home for us to stay. Andrew is one of the newest additions who is from Egypt but have been living in Jordon most of his life. We are super excited to have him on board!

Then....

May Day weekend eMi UK is going to participate in GO 2011, which is the biggest Mission Festival in the UK. We will have a table set up for 3 days. So this week we get alittle break from architecture to get ready for it. Which means I get to learn Photoshop! Its filled with music, speakers, and seminars. The website is:

http://www.go2011.org.uk/

Well that is my next two weeks. I am very excited! (can you tell?)

The Lord has been showing me so much lately. As of yesterday I have started a Bible reading plan to finish in a year. So I have my schedule, journal and of course my bible and can't wait to see what the Lord shows me through this.

*Prayer Request:
- Finances: I am still 1,800 dollars short. It pays for items such as accomodation, travel, per diem, travel insurance. http://www.emiusa.org/ (enter my name in the volunteer/intern blank)
- safe travels
- the project (its huge and crazy)
- Rwanda, Kibogora

I pray that this week the Lord will show you something new and exciting.

His Servant,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment