Engineering Ministries International (EMI) is a non-profit Christian development organization made up of architects, engineers and desgin professionals who donate their skills to help children and families around the world step out of poverty and into a world of hope.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Let the Holiday Begin!

One of the benefits of coming this time of year are the bank holidays. They have a few coming up with easter, the royal wedding and may day. So because of that I get a few days off. Starting today. I am super excited to see what will happen the next couple weeks as my team relaxs and trys not to worry about how much left we have to do.

My holiday starts in Bath/ Bristol. We are heading down there tomorrow morning and staying at a hostel thursday night in Bristol. From there we are going to our campsite in Dorset. http://www.lulworth.com/index.asp

Where we will meet up with some friends of Carissas and spend easter weekend in Dorset. Its supposed to be very pretty. We head up monday sometime back to Colchester. Following that my roommate and I are going to Northern Ireland and hopefully a trip to Dublin for a day. Finishing the holiday off in the northern part of London. EMI will have a booth at the GO2011 mission conference. So that there is my weekend.

Back to work the following tuesday. Work is coming along bit by bit. I am putting models of the current buildings in sketch up which is a free google program. Eventually I will be putting the new buildings in, paths, roads, trees and such in for the final fly through. I am also working on individual room layouts. Making sure that everything that needs to go in there will actually fit and that the circulation works in each of the floors of the proposed buildings. There is alot of work ahead of us, and hope to get as much done as possible before my internship ends. Time is flying by so fast its crazy. Its one of those things that you think might not go by fast but is told by everyone that it will. Well it is but then again maybe thats just life.

I cant wait to see what the Lord will do in the next couple weeks. To spend time in his creation, and in fellowship with some of my team and other brothers and sisters. I am super excited for this Easter weekend.

With that though comes times in our life where we really have to seek the Lord and trust in him even more. Times of difficulty and right now I am at a spot where I don't know where I am going when I get back, I don't know how my internship is going to be paid off. With the internship and the oh so lovely exchange rate I still owe 2,100 dollars that must be paid off before the end of the internship. (http://www.emiuas.org/) Its one of those things that you know you should trust God, I mean he has you here but its so hard to understand in our human minds how something like this is going to be paid off when you dont' have a job and your miles away from those who have been and are continueing supporting.

The last couple weeks the Lord has really been showing the team through individuals verses such as:

5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,
   “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you" Hebrews 13:5

5 No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. 6 Be strong and courageous, because you will lead these people to inherit the land I swore to their ancestors to give them.
 7 “Be strong and very courageous. Be careful to obey all the law my servant Moses gave you; do not turn from it to the right or to the left, that you may be successful wherever you go. 8 Keep this Book of the Law always on your lips; meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do everything written in it. Then you will be prosperous and successful. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Joshua 1: 5-9

It seems a lesson that always needs repeating. A lesson like most lessons from the Lord at a time when its not the thing we always want to hear. We want the easy way out, we want the neon sign big as the sky but he never works like that does he?

So in closing I have a few prayer requests:

- safety in all the traveling, each team member going (me, monica, carissa, adam, and andrew)
- finances: 2,100 is still the amount I need to pay off the internship
- the future (what to do... work?, go back to school?, peace corps?, travel?)

Thank you for taking the time in reading this, I know its a bit long. Sorry but I wont be on very much the next couple weeks so it will be alittle quite. Thank You for your continued prayers and support.

His Servant,

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment